Thursday 31 May 2012

Review: Barry M Nail Paints

Hello :)

I've always heard great things about Barry M but had never got around to trying out any of the products myself. I made my first Barry M purchase while on the search for a good crackle polish and have been a little addicted to Barry M nail polishes ever since. I currently have 6 Barry M nail polishes, two of the original Nail Paints and four of the nail effects/limited edition nail polishes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The two original Nail Paints I have are Peach Melba, a beautiful peach, and Mint Green, a 'does what it says on the tin' mint green. I have featured both of these nail polishes in previous NOTD posts.
Barry M Nail Paints cost just £2.99 and they are amazing value for money. The colour of the nail paints are really beautiful, strong colours and are very true to the colour in the bottle. The consistency is great, they are easy and quick to apply and you could even get away with just one coat, although two is probably best. The polish does begin to chip after about 3 days but you can't expect perfection for just £2.99! I am very impressed with the Barry M Nail Paints and will definitely be purchasing more in the future.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I mentioned already that my first Barry M purchase was a crackle polish. I currently own two of the Instant Nail Effects Crackle nail polishes in Black Magic and White Frost. As these are the only crackle polishes I have tried, I can't compare them to any others. I never really felt the need to try any other crackle polishes as I am very happy with the effect that this gives. The polish is easy to apply and the consistency is quite good. The crackle polish last a lot longer than I had expected, at least 3 days without chipping, even without using a topcoat. I have heard a few people giving these polishes negative reviews compared to other crackle polishes. I, however, probably won't even try another crackle polish as I am happy with the effect these give. They are also a lot more affordable than most other crackle polishes at just £3.99.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also have two other Barry M nail polishes. I have a limited edition nail polish in Silver Glitter and a Foil Effects nail polish in Silver Foil.
I picked up the Silver Glitter nail polish because I couldn't resist this lovely bottle of sparkles when I passed it in Boots. I was a little bit disappointed with this polish. I don't know what I was expecting but I was not overly impressed when this polish turned out to be nothing more than a glitter topcoat. To wear it as a glitter polish without a base coat under it, you would probably need 4+ coats. I don't know about you but I just cannot be bothered with all of that effort. However, if it was to be worn as just a glitter topcoat, it is a perfectly good polish.
The Silver Foil nail polish was also a bit of a disappointment. I didn't really know what to expect from this polish but I liked the idea of having shiny silver nails. I originally swatched this polish on a nail wheel and I was very impressed. The polish didn't let me down when I wore it for the first time either. The application was really easy and it only took one coat to give a really nice look on the nails. The major disappointment came when the polish began to chip quite badly after just one day! For just £3.99, I can't really complain too much and I might possibly try out the new Lilac Foil Effects some time soon.

Barry M Nail Paints are available here for £2.99.
Barry M Instant Nail Effects - Crackle are available here for £3.99.
Barry M Instant Nail Effects - Foil are available here for £3.99.
The Barry M Silver Glitter is no longer available but they have a range of glitter nail polishes which are available here for £2.99.

Sophie :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Barry M. They have such great colours to choose from but my only problem is they chip sooo easily on me, so a great top coat is a must.

    ReplyDelete