Monday 14 May 2012

What I Have So Far

Hello there!

Since I accepted my university place back in January/February, myself and a few family members have been on the lookout for a few things which I will need when I move into my accommodation in September. I haven't actually started properly shopping yet but I do have a little look at the Home section whenever I'm in Tesco to see if I can find a bargain of two.

Over the past few months I have picked up a few items that I thought I would share with you before I start buying more. I have categorised all of the items into the headings that I mentioned in my last post about Bed, Bath & Beyond which you can find here.

Eat

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My ever-so-practical mum picked up these kitchen utensils while she was in Tesco. I have a 'Solid Spoon', 'Slotted Spoon' and 'Turner'. I'm unsure how much these cost but they are available for a reasonable price at pretty much any supermarket.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Again a purchase made by my mother, a 'Bottle and Can Opener'. This is also from Tesco and I think it cost around £3.

Sleep

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My university provide bedding which they will launder for free. However, I don't really fancy the idea of using bedding which other people have used and so I plan to use my own bedding even though that means I have to launder it myself. This, like everything else so far, is from Tesco and again I'm not sure how much this cost.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The theme for my room is blue and brown so along with the blue duvet set I got a brown sheet and some brown pillowcases. The sheet and pillowcases are also from Tesco and both cost around £5 each.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Keeping to the blue theme, I got some cushions to go on my bed. These cushions are also from Tesco and I think they were originally around £7 but were reduced when I bought them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My lovely grandmother decided to treat me by buying me John Cotton duvet. I'm unsure where she got it from or where you can purchase the John Cotton brand. I do know that it cost £8.99 for anyone interested.

Wash

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lastly, I have two face cloths and a bath mat. I'm hoping to get a room with an en suite bathroom so the bath mat was a bit of a 'wishful thinking' purchase but I'm sure I'll find a use for it even if I don't get my preferred accommodation. Both the face cloths and the bath mat were from Tesco (do you see a theme appearing?). The bath mat cost around £7 and the face cloths cost £1 each.

Today is a very appropriate day to be posting this as I have just applied for my accommodation! I will be keeping you updated as I go through the application process and as I continue to buy all the things I need for university.

I apologise for the length of this post and the amount of pictures. Hopefully you found his helpful or enjoyable.

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment