Saturday 19 May 2012

Review: Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer

Hello!

Another beauty review for you today! I am continuing with the theme of my 'everyday' products with the concealer I am using at the moment, Rimmel London's Match Perfection Concealer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I first bought this concealer a while ago when I first tried out the Match Perfection foundation. I repurchased this recently when I was on a budget and this was the least expensive in the shop.

This concealer is not the best I have tried, although not the worst. The formula is a bit more of a liquid-y cream for my liking and I'm not a huge fan of the packaging.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The squeezy tube often results in too much product coming out and not being able to go back in. I really hate the little brush as well. It is a lovely home for germs and bacteria and not great for those with problem skin.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The range of shades for this concealer is pretty appalling. There are only 3 shades available and, even though the same shade in the foundation is perfect, I have found that the shade 'Ivory' is a little too light for my skin. The next darkest shade, however, is too dark!

As well as the shade range, the coverage is also slightly disappointing. Although the coverage is a bit better than many other concealers I have tried, it still isn't the best, especially as I have bad skin.

I am going to be trying out a different method of applying concealer, inspired by this foundation routine, so I will see how this concealer works using that method and may update you in the future.

Rimmel London Match Perfection Concealer is available here for £5.99.

Sophie :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a massive fan of this either :/ To tock for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not one of Rimmel's best products.

      Thanks for your comment :)

      Sophie :)

      Delete